MCM stands for Mobile Content Management. It is also called by name Mobile information management(MIM). Well, this is an inseparable part of MDM that is mobile device management devices. MDM basically provides secure access to corporate resources like managing media files and documents on any mobile device like smartphones, laptops, and tablets. It is one of the best ways to ensure security so that no unauthorized user can access the data without having specific permissions. Moreover, it makes a great balance between what is currently most needed which is productivity and endpoint security.
It comes with lots of configurations and also gets some restrictions activated so that any kind of unauthorized access to corporate data can be prohibited.
What is the MCM Client App?
Now the question that arises what most of the people on the web kept on asking is – What is the MCM client app? Or is the MCM client app spyware? Well, we will answer both questions here. For this, read the entire post as it is going to reveal some most interesting facts about the MCM client app which you may not be aware of.
Actually what happens is that every MCM solution is to appoint an MCM agent for Android and Samsung devices whenever any android or Samsung phone comes for the management. So here the role of the MCM client app begins. What he does is actually – allowing the employees of both android and Samsung devices to have a quick view and download the shared content in one of the most secure ways.
but this is not as easy as it seems, actually many sorts of restrictions work over corporate data sharing so that anyhow security of data can not be breached. So here MCM client app basically provides prevention from malware and other ransomware and spyware attacks. It kept on decreasing the interference or involvement of employees to download the third-party apps so that they can only have access to limited data especially those that are more prone to malware attacks.
Why do you need MCM Client app?
MCM client app is a boon for the employees as it enables them to access work documents, spreadsheets, email, schedules, presentations, and other enterprise data even when they are working on some other remote locations.
The best part is that they don’t have to worry about security concerns. As their enterprise data security will be completely ensured while residing on the mobile devices or any other transmitted across networks.
Here in easy words, let me tell you that the MCM client app is basically the way by which the company can set Mobile information management software so that all kinds of files of an enterprise can remain safe and sound.
Also, MIM here refers to the procedure by which the security of the software and services used by the client can be maintained and can handle them in a sensitive manner so that business-critical data that is being used on phones, tablets, or computers can be maintained properly.
Major features of MCM client app are –
- Mobile Access to content: Here you get the ability to access or use any kind of file on your android phone safely.
- Single point of authorization to the content: With a single point of login makes it more secure, so with a single login, you can access all sorts of services offered.
- Secure offline storage: Moreover, the algorithms used here are some of the most secure encryption algorithms that allow the usage of offline data in a most secure manner. Also, its two-way authentication of login is also available.
- Content Collaboration: Here, you are not limited to only one service as content comes from versatile sources here, and can collaborate too.
- Supports multiple file formats: Yes, you read that right. Here admins are allowed to spread the content (documents or media files) in almost 15 file formats. The major ones are .doc, .pdf, .txt, .mp4, .pptx, .png, .jpg etc.
- Segregate documents: Here admins have full liberty so that they can categorize documents and media files as per their wish. Here admins can categorize the content with the help of tags.
Is MCM client a spy app?
Well, the Certo mobile Security app for all android phones basically allows the users to take a photo silently so that anyone who tries to hack your phone, can be captured here. But anyhow, it can’t stop anyone from hacking your phone. So just in case, you want to know that if someone is keeping an eye or spy on you, then this app can be helpful for you.
How do I get rid of the MCM clients?
If you want to get rid of this MCM client app. Then you are just a few steps away. Just follow the simple step-by-step guide mentioned over there and it will be done in few moments.
- Initially, Go to the settings of your mobile phone.
- Now navigate to the security panel.
- Here pick, Device administrator settings.
- After selecting it, click on disable button.
- Now again move back to settings.
- Here you will find an option of applications.
- Pick applications from settings.
- Here, go to ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus.
- And click on uninstall the MDM agent.
How to solve MCM Client downloading in Samsung
Well, if you are one of the users who are complaining consistently about the issue MCM client downloading in your Samsung phones. Then this one might help you. Keep scrolling the whole article.
As all of the major issues involving MCM client downloading on Samsung Phones can be resolved simply by updating your mobile phone with the latest software updates.
Another method to remove MCM client working :
- Initially download the System app remover app.
- After downloading, install it quickly.
- After installing the system remover app, launch the app.
- While launching the app, look for the MCM client and a box right next to it.
- Here, tap on uninstall button so that the app can be completely removed from your phone.
- An alternate way to remove mcm client working in some of the mobile phones.
But one thing worth noting here is that system app remover usually asks for root access to your device.
How to use the ME MDM app as an MCM client on Samsung and Android devices?
Well, whenever an android or Samsung phone is brought for enrollment into Mobile Device Manager plus, then the ME MDM app gets installed by default. This allows using of the ME MDM app as an MCM client on all kinds of android phones + the Samsung phones.
However, if you are an iOS or Windows user. Then also you can access ME MDM by getting it installed silently on your devices for secured data or content sharing.
Moreover, this ME MDM app acting as an MCM client can also be used to share corporate data using a Mobile device manager. But it can download or save in the ME MDM app only. Didn’t understand? Actually, it is basically a sandbox on employee-owned devices. That is BYOD devices that ensure the security of personal apps and accessing of the shared data.
It also does not allow any kind of backing up of data on third-party cloud services. And restricts unauthorized access to the content and devices.
Here, admins get an additional feature by which they can prevent screen capturing and screen recording. So that all security measures get implementation in the right way.
This is all about the “MCM Client app”. Many were asking about whether it is spyware, is it safe or not? I hope, now all your questions have been answered by us. If still, you feel any doubt, do write to us in the comment section.
Thanks for reading 🙂