- Samsung Card is a leading credit card company in the country.
- Samsung and Mastercard announce biometric cards with fingerprint sensors.
- The linkage of fingerprint sensors with biometric cars is an innovative idea to deliver security to card transactions.
Hi Readers!! If you are worried about increasing digital fraud on card transactions, Samsung company has good news for you, Company is now focussing on fingerprint sensors instead of Pin in the card transactions to make it more secure and authentic, to maintain its position as a leader in credit card companies.
The company has made a collaboration with Mastercard for making card payments even more secure. They are going to incorporate a fingerprint sensor into Samsung Cards that authenticates your payment using a fingerprint scanner directly on the card.
The new cards will use a more secure chipset from Samsung’s System LSI business. The best benefit of Samsung cards is that they can be used at any POS Terminal.
Now. Instead of inputting your PIN, you’d simply scan your finger or thumb over the reader and that acts as your verification.
The Company will introduce the card later this year, initially, it will be released in South Korea via its Samsung vertical card. Samsung has yet to announce details of the card’s global availability.
In the latest Press Release, the Company Head Said:
“The card will integrate several key discrete chips, streamlining the overall component design and enabling more efficient development.” Earlier, MasterCard showcased a similar technology in September 2017 at the first Mastercard Innovation Forum in India.
- Through this strategic collaboration, the companies aim to provide faster and more secure payment experiences.
- The fingerprint sensors with biometric cards offer safer transactions by eliminating entering the PIN on a keypad.
- The new feature will add extra security to credit cards that will eliminate card fraud significantly.
- It leverages the company’s expertise and fraud detection systems to deliver a secure and powerful solution.
As yet, it’s unclear whether the biometric Samsung Card will offer any compatibility with the Samsung Pay platform.
Thanks For Reading!!
Found Informative!! Share this article with your friends and relatives.