- Snapchat users can now share videos directly from the YouTube app.
- Users can add effects to their Snaps or Stories alongside YouTube videos
- This feature is applicable to both Android and iOS users.
Snapchat users can now share videos directly from the YouTube app. The update aims to ease sharing of YouTube videos on Snapchat, without requiring users to manually copy and paste video links within the content. This feature is applicable to both Android and iOS users.
YouTube videos can directly be added to Stories and individual Snaps through the Snapchat Camera. Creators posting new videos on YouTube will get the ability to get noticed more by users through the new experience that is rolling out globally.
Snapchat says that over 2 billion logged-in users visit YouTube every month to tune into videos that help them find new music, learn different skills, catch up on news, and discover more about the world around them.
Snapchat now allows iOS and Android users to directly share YouTube videos in Snaps.
It announces in a newsroom post that it’s adding YouTube integration to its Creative Kit. This allows users running the latest version of the app to directly attach YouTube video links to their Snaps. The feature works for both Snap Stories and one-on-one Snaps. So now you can attach rich YouTube video links — which other users can tap to watch in the YouTube app or website.
How to share a YouTube video on Snapchat?
To directly share a YouTube video follow these steps:
- Launch the YouTube app.
- Click on the Share button of the desired video.
- Select Snapchat from the list of available apps.
- This will add a rich link to the Snapchat camera, so you can take photos or videos, and edit them while including this adjustable preview/sticker.
Once a video is shared from YouTube, it can be watched on Snapchat Story or Snap by tapping the YouTube sticker. It will take users directly to the YouTube app installed on their devices or their preferred mobile browser.
Until now, Users were able to share YouTube video links on Snapchat after capturing their Snaps. Users were required to add the video links manually after copying them from YouTube.
Thanks for reading!!
Stay Connected for more latest updates