- Spotify Premium brings offline playback to Apple Watch.
- Users will be able to stream audio in 96kbps.
- Your favorite tracks on your Apple Watch no longer need a phone.
The Apple audio streaming company and media services provider Spotify, announced that it is finally providing offline music services for the Apple smartwatch users. Spotify is adding the ability to download playlists, albums, and podcasts on Apple Watch to play offline.
It means users will be able to listen to music without having to carry their iPhone, the Watch will stream the music to wireless headphones. By downloading tracks directly onto the smartwatch, you can take your music with you, everywhere you go. Perfect for running without a phone or a data connection.
Spotify Premium account New features: Requirements
- Users with Apple Watch Series 3 and later running on watchOS 6.0 or later will be able to access offline music downloads from their account.
- You’ll also need a subscription to the Spotify Premium account.
- This will also require users to have the latest version of the Spotify app on their iPhone.
The Company Spokesperson said:
“When we updated our new Apple Watch app, we wanted our users to have an effortless and hassle-free experience. Downloadable playlists give music fans, the peace of mind to listen at will and enjoy the convenience of the Apple Watch from the wrist”.
The remote feature is still available to Free listeners, allowing you to stream your artists, albums, favorites, or playlists. These updates are available to all users worldwide on the latest watchOS.
“Starting today, we’re beginning to roll out the ability for Premium users to download playlists and podcasts to Apple Watch for offline use,” Spotify said in a statement.
Spotify Premium: How to use a new feature?
- First, users have to download/update to the latest version of Spotify on their iPhone.
- Users then click the three ellipses option next to an album, playlist, or podcast option.
- After that, click the ‘Download to Apple Watch’ option.
- You will also check the progress by heading over to the Downloads section on the watch.
- Once downloaded; green arrows will populate next to the title.
- You can pair the headphones with the watch and stream the downloaded data directly from the wearable device.
Thanks for Reading!!