In recent years, the World has experienced many advancements in Artificial Intelligence technology. ChatGPT is one of the most promising AI tools that have emerged. This tool sets the record for fastest growing userbase with 25 million daily users as per the latest data. Are you wondering whether you can use Voice Chat with ChatGPT on Android devices? If it is possible, this will save you a lot of time and effort. You can easily use ChatGPT with Siri on iPhones. However, integrating ChatGPT with Google Assistant is a difficult task. This tutorial will bring you a guide on How to use Voice Chat with CahtGPT on Android Phones.
The developers have worked a lot to bring this feature. Now users can do voice chat with ChatGPT using GPT API and Elevenlabs. However, the procedure is quite hectic and long. Today in this detailed guide, we are going to discuss in detail how you can use Voice Chat with ChatGPT on Android devices. So without further ado, let’s directly dive into it.
Can I Use Voice Chat with ChatGPT?
No doubt ChatGPT emerges as the game changer in the life of the people. However, due to the lack of an official application, it is quite typical for users to access ChatGPT on their Android smartphones. Thankfully to solve this problem for Android users, Joao Dias, the developer behind the automation app Tasker recently integrated ChatGPT with Android. With the new integration, users have a choice to either type into the chatbot or speak to it by voice. Although the procedure of setting up voice Assistant to ChatGPT is not easy. Joao Dias announced all the powerful features added to ChatGPT through a Reddit post.
How to use Voice Chat with ChatGPT on Android Phones?
Part 1st>> Getting the API Keys from OpenAI and ElevenLabs
In order to get the answers to all your queries from ChatGPT on Android devices, you need to get the API keys from OpenAI. For this, you need to make sure that you logged into your OpenAI account.
- To do this, first of all, open the web browser of your device and go to platform.openai.com/account/api-keys
- Next, you need to give a secret name to the key and tap on “Create Secret key”
- Copy the OpenAI API key and save it to your device for later.
- Follow the similar steps to get an API key from ElevenLabs as well.
Part 2nd>> Install Tasker App on your Android device
The next most important step is to download and install the Tasker app on your Android device. It is an amazing automation app that works similarly to the shortcut apps in iOS. To download the app, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store App on your device and look for the Tasker app
- The results will appear on the screen. Click on the desired one and tap on Install.
- Once the app is installed on your device. Open it and choose Tasker.
- Grant all the permissions to Tasker and do not forget to disable Battery Optimization for Tasker.
Part 3rd>> Import ChatGPT Project to Tasker
Next, users need to import the ChatGPT project to Tasker.
- To import the project to Tasker, first of all, visit this link
- From the two icons available, tap on Import. It will take you to Tasker.
- Tasker wants to confirm whether you want to import data or not. Tap on “Yes”.
- To import data, first, it will ask you to sign in with your Google Account.
- On the next page, users will have the choice to set the personality of Voice Assistant or you can either keep it default
- Now paste the OpenAI API key you saved in Part 1st and click on OK.
- Finally, tap on Yes to import and enable the Profile
Part 4th>> Import the ElevenLabs Project to Tasker
Next, you are required to import the EleveLabs Project to Tasker. To do this, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the web browser of your device and go to this link
- After that, tap on the Import button
- Click on Yes in the Tasker app
- Tasker wants to confirm whether you want to import data. Grant all the Permissions and tap on Yes on the pop-up.
- Next, you need to paste the ElevenLabs AOI key you saved in Part 1st.
- The next step is to choose any Assistant Voice from ElevenLabs. To select your favorite one, press and hold the voice.
- After that, it will ask you to choose the language in which you want to converse with. It’s almost done!
Part 5th>> Voice Chat with ChatGPT
- Now, go back to the home screen of your device and tap and hold the empty space.
- Click on Widgets and scroll down to the Tasker section.
- Tap and hold the Task icon and place it on the home screen.
- A Task Selection menu will appear. Scroll down and choose Voice Chat ChatGPT ElevenLabs
- Go back from the Task Selection menu and it will save your widget.
- Finally, you will be able to see a Voice Chat ChatGPT icon on the home screen of your Android device. Just tap on the icon to talk to ChatGPT.
A Voice dialog will appear automatically after every query and response. So the users don’t require to tap on Voice Chat widget again and again to continue the conversation.
Note: To get answers to all your queries from ChatGPT, you need to create a ChatGPT login first.
How to Add ChatGPT to Your WhatsApp?
BuddyGPT is the service that lets you access ChatGPT on your WhatsApp. To add ChatGPT to WhatsApp, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the web browser of your device and visit this link
- Once you click on the link, it will take you to the chat interface on the messaging app.
- It will ask you to select the language.
- Choose the language and begin chatting with ChatGPT.
Will ChatGPT replace Google Assistant in the future?
Lots of people are curious to know whether ChatGPT has the capability to replace Google Assistant in the future. Well, it is too early to answer this query. To understand things better, we need to understand these two terms -what are they and how do they differ?
ChatGPT is a newly launched AI chatbot that is designed to generate text, answer questions, and create essays and other content. You can even hold a conversation with the chatbot. On the other hand, Google Assistant is a virtual Assistant designed to help users in doing a variety of tasks that include Setting reminders, getting answers to queries, playing music, and more.
On looking at the working areas of these two tools we found that Both ChatGPT and Google Assistant works quite similarly, however, they serve different purposes. While ChatGPT can only provide you with chat-based responses, Google Assistant is designed to help you with a variety of tasks. So in the future, if ChatGPT fulfills all these responsibilities, then definitely it will replace Google Assistant one day.
How can we use Text to Speech for ChatGPT on Android Devices?
Just like the iPhone device, you can use the Speech Text feature to use chatGPT with Voice Commands on your Android smartphones. Here’s how you can do this:
- First, open your mobile device’s web browser and visit the ChatGPT website.
- Tap on the typing area so that Android Smartphone’s keyboard pops up.
- Just tap on the microphone button to dictate your command.
- Your keyboard will automatically type the Command for you.
- After that, tap on the Search icon, and ChatGPT will search the same for you.
Well. that’s how you can use Voice Chat with ChatGPT on any Android Phone. Natively, ChatGPT does not allow voice input. But the workaround mentioned above will allow you to use Voice Chat for ChatGPT on any Android device easily. Recently due to privacy concerns among users, OpenAI rolls out a new feature that lets users remove data from ChatGPT easily. I hope that you will find this post helpful and informative. In case of any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!! Stay Connected for more latest updated
A tech-freak self-motivated professional that thrives on innovation and overcoming challenges. She is a trained writer and scholarship holder. Went through with writing for a lot of big media houses. Writing is her all-time favorite job. Know more about her on facebook