- WhatsApp is finally rolling out the highly-anticipated voice and video calling feature for the Desktop app.
- This feature is similar to the voice and video calling on the phone apps.
- The new feature does not have a group calling option.
According to WhatsApp, “answering on a bigger screen makes it easier to work with colleagues, see your family more clearly on a bigger canvas, or free up your hands to move around a room while talking.”
Like the existing video calling feature, the new desktop calling promises the same end-to-end encryption — meaning that WhatsApp and Facebook can’t see or hear your calls.
The new feature support should come in handy to millions of people who use WhatsApp’s desktop client every day and have had to use Zoom or Google Meet for one-to-one video calls on the desktop partly because of convenience.
Requirements For WhatsApp’s desktop app New Feature:
- Whatsapp said that desktop calling is supported on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer and macOS 10.13 and newer.
- You’ll need an active internet connection on your computer and phone.
- WhatsApp needs access to your computer’s microphone or webcam depending on the voice or video calling feature you want to use
- You’ll need to have an audio output device and microphone connected to your computer for calls.
- you’ll still need your phone to be connected to the WhatsApp desktop app to enable communication.
The video appears in a resizable standalone window on the computer screen and is positioned at the top so that users do not miss their chats.
How to use this feature On WhatsApp’s desktop app??
- To use the new video calling feature, users will have to set up the WhatsApp desktop app on either Mac or PC.
- After installing the desktop app, click on the open button.
- For login, Click on Whatsapp Web and then Scan the QR code from the mobile.
- Your Whatsapp account will be opened on the desktop
- Then click on the user with whom you want to do a video call
- Then you will see the video call option
- Tap on the video call option to call your friends and relatives.
Thanks For Reading!!